Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

TEACHING STRATEGY

I like the analogy of the teaching wheel. Helping students to remember where suupplies are kept and also what the supplies are that are needed for certain procedures is benefical for the students and their patients.

Barbara, it is beneficial as well as a fun teachng tool that can lower learner anxiety learning this task.

Michele Deck

Seems like a fun and interesting tool...takes students way from the every day lecture, gives them hands on and helps with memorization. Sounds like something I will use in my next class.

Sel, thank you for seeing personal relevance in this activity to you and your learners.

Michele Deck

I also agree. Utilizing specific learning tools and resources does give the student an advantage.

Sometimes it is good to take students out of an everyday book routine. That opens their minds on how to maybe deal with different situations and be able to improvise when needed

The teaching wheel was an excellent idea for the clinical lab - it will also bring the students at ease when they actually start to utilize the lab and they need to fill the phlebotomy trays - instead of hunting down the supplies - the will already know where everything is and it can boost their confidence as well

Amanda, I have found success with this method and I know you will too.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment