Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

king size flat sheet

I will use this idea next time I teach the circulation, may be mixing fun with that topic will make it easy for me and the students rather than using my overhead pictures

this would be grat for drawing a giant mouth for them to see detailed anatomy that they can walk through.

This is a nice adaptation for dental assistants.

I believe this can be used for just about any medical setting to get students to learn and also have fun too.

I love the idea of having the students "walk through" the cardiac circulation. Will definitely be using this one!

Sabine, I'm glad this idea will work for you as an instructor.

Michele Deck

One of our instructors uses a wig manikin to have the students put in all the bones and nerves that innervate the teeth. I do like the sheet idea for other uses. I can see how these props can be of use, especially the students who are more kinesthetic like myself.

valerie, if you can see the value of hands on, you know this works for the students, too.

Michele Deck

I have never heard of this idea before this class. I will too use this idea about teaching circulation. Sure beats the models and drawing on the board.

I like this activity since I teach echocardiography. I have used sidewalk chalk before and had students draw a heart and then walk the ciruclation. I could use the sheet activity and continue to add more information to the sheet as the class progresses.

Great idea, instructors could use this for all kinds of things in motion!!!

I have used this idea on a smaller scale, with a plain white pillow case, for abdominal anatomy. After we drew the organs on the pillow case, I then had students make 3D models out of Lab supplies for the internal organs. I even found plastic "babies" to simulate a fetus, which students put inside a felt "uterus" they had created.

Deb, this is a wonderful idea and a definite hands on/visual approach to teaching and learning.

Michele Deck

This is a great idea. I plan on using it when I teach the electrocardiogram segment. I have a large group of visual learners who will benefit from it. Thank you.

Sounds like a new idea and fun. Sounds like the floor game "Twister". I wonder should a certain type of fingerpaint be used so as not to wash off in the washer/dryer. Thank you.

Donald, you would have to experiment with these materials before you take them to your students.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment