Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Having a discussion about the online content that the students have viewed is helpfull . It will sometimes motivate the ones that havent watched it to start watching

I like to get my students talking about the online protion before we go to lab. I can quickly asses who has watched it, and who has not. While in lab, I try to get them thinking how the online portion applies to what they are doing.

I strive to get students to understand the way in which complex systems work, such as a gear box(transmission) in a car. I have them disassembly the component and examine how all the individual components work and also how they interact. I get plenty of questions and discussions. What once seemed complex is now simple and diagnosis becomes easier and more precise. This concept works on many applications.

Questioning encourages students to think beyond what they are learning and explore new ideas, new trends, and gain new knowledge.

 

Sign In to comment