Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology in the classroom

I really needed this.  It was very informative, plan to use many ideas in the classroom setting.

Several thoughts came to my mind, as I read the first part of this workshop. Some of them are:
The importance of knowing the disadvantages and advantages of choosing a technological tool for our students. If technology comes before students, will be a lost of education integrity as well as a loss of respect on the part of the student.
Instructors most have goals in mind before introduce a tablet or another technological tool to the students.

The student center concept is also apply in technology
And, in a class that need writting tecniques lake English, grammar etc, may is no a good idea to have tables

In my writing course, the students are going to get the opportunity to submit papers and projects prepared in word by using their tablets.  My feedback can be given right within the document.  Students will be asked to respond to corrections by finding and explaining correct responses.  students are also encouraged to take notes and use the highlighting feature of their tablets.  I plan to have my students explore and share apps with each other, especially those that address needs that relate to the mechanics of writing, which is usually a problem area.  We are going to explore apps together!  In addition, Prizi Presentation and Haiku Decks apps will be explored as an alternative to PowerPoint for the submission of their final research presenation.

I feel that it is up to the me as the instructure to incorporate and manage the use of tablets in my courses. 

I have both didactic and clinical classes. My concern when taking the test was that I seem to remember that faculty were stakeholders to consider when devising information for implementation on hardware and software programs. I know students with surveys should also be asked, but students are not the ones to set the classes or programs up. 

I am all for setting up programs with technology. I do find it is time-consuming to learn how to use a software program. I have had tp learn some programs by the seat of my pants, and still, mess up in front of the student. And for my adult learners, some know programs, others know different programs. In addition, its suggested with my students that they give up their phones while in both lecture and lab. But I have seen the advantages of using the phone while teaching.

Gail

This was invaluable information. I plan on sharing this with my students

I love technology and seeing how is disrupting education is very exciting.

Sign In to comment