Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New technology

Utilizing new methods of technology in the classroom is a great way to keep students engaged.

Rob,

I think new technologies will help engage students, but I'm still scared! My students are so much more tech-savvy than I am.

Still, this course has gotten me interested in trying some new things. Prezi sounds particularly exciting, and the PowerPoint do's and don'ts are great. Both will help address problems in student presentations. I'll also check out edutopia, RSS and Collaborize Classroom. I see real learning occur when I have students work together, and that is an important workplace skill I want to encourage.

It will be great to see how I can apply these in class.

Keeping one step ahead of today's students in technology is always challenging. I find myself having to learn the technology first before presenting. Also, when utilizing the technology I present my material in a way that student will stay engaged and learn from the material.

I really liked the wiki classroom ideas. I think that incorporating more of the new technology in the classroom will work great to keep the students engaged.

Having more on task use of electronics and the technologies that are now available to the current student, they can only benefit from this. Controlling their use is a bit difficult, but sooner or latter, we must embrace their need and use.

We are also integrating technology in our classes. We use Excel simulators and QuickBooks in our accounting classes. They really are beneficial and add variety to the classes. The students are given an opportunity to learn the subject matter plus gain hand-on experience with computer applications.

I agree, to continue in the same power point mode without an avenue to truly engage and promote critical thought it will be harder to educate.

I agree they can benefit from this but it is hard to control it and make sure there using it for what they are to.

Oh yes, even I get more excited to see new techniques.

the challenge is to keep the class moving in the same direction and not losing control when the new technologies are used. It is hard to keep all of the students focused.

I would like to use much of this new technology but there are so many things to be concerned with like sharing the wrong type of information and copyrighted information.

I have been able to find approved videos for my class.
They show a x-ray graphic of the part working.
To help the student understand the theory.

I agree Don. I think the only way to control proper usage is to monitor students as if they are taking a test and make sure they are on the right website in the internet.

Sign In to comment