Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advancement of Technology

Technology has become so popular in our learning environment today. It sheds a light on learning making it easier to understand.

Termila,

Technology in the classroom is popular and has allowed audiences to learn using different avenues depending on their learning styles ones teaching method.

Antoine Lewis

The majority of courses I instruct are in the use of professional software, which evolve rapidly from year to year. I have found it very useful to discuss how to properly search the web, forums, and help centers for solutions, and often assign projects that require independent learning for student-specific projects. Aside from the post-graduation benefits to staying updated, it also leads to projects that often surpass my expectations.

Aaron,

Research skills are important and a skill that students often lack. With technology today student have a oppurtunities to turn in quality content more so than students of past because of he advancement of technology and resources provided.

Antoine Lewis

Aaron,

Research skills are important and a skill that students often lack. With technology today student have a oppurtunities to turn in quality content more so than students of past because of he advancement of technology and resources provided.

Antoine Lewis

Let's keep in mind that many things we take for granted were once threatening "technologies:" fire, paper, typewriters, radio, television and so on.

None of us can put that "technology" genie back in the bottle. Changes in technology come in ever-faster waves.

Let's learn to use what works for our students and our goals, and make those a part of our ever-changing toolkit.

How do we decide what is worth taking the time to learn?

Kathleen ,

Finding what is worth taking the time to learn is a great question because what is popular now may not be in a year. Through trail in error faculty find what works best for delivering good content via PowerPoint, videos, projector etc.

Antoine Lewis

Sign In to comment