Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mixed Media enhances power point lectures.

At our trade vocational school we utilize mixed media formats to enhance our power point lectures to better serve our auditory, visual and kinesthetic learners needs.

Suzie ,

Often times students attention span to PowerPoint is not good so utilizing mixed media helps meet the needs of a classroom with various learning styles.

Antoine Lewis

I found that both PowerPoint and Keynote, if utilized at their full potential have a great potential for creating a desire in the students to continue their academic studies. On the instructors part it is very time consuming to create, but instead of showing a video of a particular subject, I re-create it in a manner that appears to look like Macromedia Flash, and in its animated form, creates a learning atmosphere that I have found to be very engaging.
These programs are not the cure all for instructing, but are just additional multimedia tools that can enhance the learning environment.

Jackie,

PowerPoint and Keynote are great ways to use technology in the classroom. As an insructor it can indeed be time consuming but once done you can save and revise as need going forward with future students.

Antoine Lewis

Sign In to comment