Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Bernie,

Workplace simulations have become so valuable. Simulating what this will have to do and being able to get immediate feedback is very important and prepares our graduates more than ever.

Antoine Lewis

Workplace simulations are an extremely valuable resource for nursing students. It provides an opportunity for the students to engage in hands on practice in a safe and supportive environment prior to utilizing these skills on a live patient. The students are able to receive immediate feedback on their progress and are able to perfect these skills in a nonthreatening environment.

Aneesah

Aneesah,

Workplace simulations are key to learning anything medical related. Clinical or Workplace simulations gives students exposure to scenarios that will encounter in their field. Being able to get quality feedback immediate and see how their peers handle the simulations is an experience that watching video or reading the text can’t necessarily provide.

Antoine Lewis

Although I have not worked with, or heard of any simulation programs for Veterinary Technology, I would love to use them in our labs. I know that there is a veterinary school using Second Life as a platform for simulations. I would like to see something like this, or even be apart of creating something like this. I believe it would be very helpful. In life we sometimes learn more from our failures than we do from our successes. In human and Veterinary medicine, failure is not an option during learning exercises. We never want to lose a patient for educational purposes, we never want to lose a patient. But the fact is, it will happen. A simulation will allow students to do this without loss of real life.

Sign In to comment