Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great ways to keep the Gen Y student engaged

A great way to keep these type of students engaged would be to blend the use of the internet and electronic gadgets into their learning experience.

Since my class is teaching dental assisting, I frequently relate various types of treatment information to the experiences of students or their family members to personalize the educational aspect of the discussion. they frequently love to go into great detail about the experiences they have had and did not understand at the time. When we discuss the treatment protocols they then understand the what and why of their experiences.

I use questions to relate the subject matter to their personal experiences. They know I'm going to ask questions related to their past experiences because I have one on one discussions with them to lighten the learning mood and give them the time to be outgoing with their thinking.

I totally agree. I tell my students now if your not sure Google it!

Yes I agree Real world experiences is a great way to spice up the lecture. It open up the lecture; students get engage the learning/lecture students have a better understanding of treatment planning.

Sign In to comment