Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Critical Thinking

Be more creative with CT papers,have them research in groups and take responsibilty for each others work.
Present to class as a project.

Julie,
and this has been shown to be a great way to develop the ct skills; especially if they are called upon to defend their ideas/conclusions.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Not only responsible for each other's work but they should submit an evaluation of the team members. Who researched the most, who missed a deadline, who made the decisions for the group. This assessment should be done to improve skills not to destroy a person.

Ruth,
this is a great idea & a good point you make in here about helping the other person learn, not getting revenge.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Have the learners in groups-within the group each individual has their own project but it henges on the other learners completing their part. They must present the project as a whole

Gwendolyn,
and the experience of explaining their project to each other & how they got there, etc is a great way to build critical thinking.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Yes, I think if they are aware that they will be graded as a group rather then an individual, they will tend to work together more.

My students have individual projects, but a panel critique by the class. They are required to answer questions, defend their choices, and give feedback. I have found it very effective.

Dennis ,
yes a great way to build those critical thinking skills.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

a great tool for growth and professional development is the class project, the expectations must be clear, both expectation those of the student and those of the instructor. once on the same page a multitude of learning can be the outcome.

Sign In to comment