Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

in classroom use of cell/lap tops etc.

I think it's good idea, now a days it easy to access medical web site to look up medications.

I too think it is a good idea to incorporate the web when researching medication. However, I do believe we should not take away from the PDR manual so we do not get so caught up in technology. I utilize EMR and paper at work teaching and as a nurse still practicing in the field and I believe we should never stray to far away from those old school values

Wania,
yes, based on our expertise in our fields we need to be comfortable telling our students what they should be using tech for & what they need to use other options.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I am in clinical classrom and all but computer at site is allowed. We have limited access but it's most useful.

Many networks and restrict or limit the use of cell phones. They are definitely a form of destructive technology. Schools need to stand behind instructors and have a written policy for students to follow, this will assist the instructor in completing their job successfully

I agree, I am in a clinical classroom and the interference by this technology threatens patient care!

I allow my students to take notes on their laptops but strongly discourage the use of Facebook during class time.

Sign In to comment