Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our campus allows laptop use in the class room and encourages the student to utilize a computer to access their syllabus, upload assignments, participate in forums, check grade status, review instructor announcements and comments through a student portal. Consequently,constant instant electronic feed back is available to each student along with face to face with the instructor in the class room. As a Baby Boomer, I have embraced this technological method and have uploaded my power point lectures to the portal. I have found that the students follow along on their laptops or lab computers during my class lectures and take electronic notes at the same time. They are also able to review the entire lecture before a test. The use of the computer in this way has improved student participation and learning both in and out of the classroom.

Kathy,
I really like your point about the students being able to review the lecture ahead of time & come better prepared for class. With the increasing presence of tablets, I wonder how this will continue to change teaching.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment