Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

what is the differance

there is actually no differences in the generations we have all been discovering a better way to communicate or how to do something easier or how to get directions just to visit some one or to find a place. its just that todays computers and technology makes it so much easier. with out the previous generations we would not have the technology as precise as we have it now. so in other words we all put in our own two cents worth.

Agreed. It is interesting to note that there have always been distractions or ways to be distracted in the classroom before the introduction of smart phones.

Doodling and daydreaming have become playing Candy Crush, sending a text, or browsing the internet.

There is no hard evidence that one teaching / learning technique is better than another. Because of this, new ways are constantly being tried and there is greater percentage of emphasis being placed on making the learner "happy" with the learning experience. This leaves less emphasis on the measurement of how much is learned.

So far in life, teaching, Doctorate teaching classes, and this course, I feel knowing a student's learning style gives more information for adjusting teaching styles compared to "generational cohort."

I think with strategies it can also become confusing in how to do things the "proper" way when it comes to technology, meaning a teacher or instructor might be trying to develop standards or protocols to a student but he or she might learn a way that's not standardized.  I mention this as I teach students and how to get industry-standard certficiations (A+, Network+, Security+ and Linux+, to name a few) and those organizations have protocols in what practices to follow in order to pass and get certified within a particular industry or focus.  I noticed in labs throughout the previous semesters that students liked to do things their own way, which is good in one aspect but bad in another.  Has anyone had any similar circumstances?

Sign In to comment