Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

THIS COURSE

I am already enjoying this course.We have a diverse age group here at our trade school,form age 18 to 60. I know this course will be helpful.

I totally agree. I've always wondered what the differences were between age groups and I love that it is broken down so nicely in this course.

Kathryn,
so glad it's helpful to you & this information does come in handy to distinguish.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I agree, I am also enjoying this course. We too have a very diverse student population whoses ages can range from right out of high school to retirement.
It was interesting to learn about certain characteristics of the different generations.

+1 Chef Brown! This is a great class given our diverse population. Interestingly, I find the different generations learn from and help each other! This sharing of strengths and ideas is a powerful educational tool.

Albert D'Addario

I completely agree---from 18-72 has been our age range, and having the capabilities as instructors to be able to understand the varying needs of our students. We have also incorporated into our program, the VARK questionnaire that not only gives the instructor great insight into a students learning style; often the student themselves are surprised to see their results and reflect on their previous learning experiences.

Agreed- this is a very useful, concise description of the differences between generations, which makes me look a little differently at my own parents and friends, let alone students. Very interesting & logical. I haven't had Veteran students yet, but would be ccurious to see the difference in their approach vs. our usual students.

Sign In to comment