Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ryan,I agree we do need to help our students use there technological tools well. I know instructors are allowing students to use iphones, and ipads in the class to pull up handouts, and notes sent to them for the class. I am still having a hard time with this considering my generation and the way I was thought. We took notes, printed material for class, and brought it with us to class. But, we were not allowed to pull up the material on our phones, and ipads for school. It feels like a tough of war infusing the past with the present.

kenya,
it definitely is a tough war & one that must be worked through effectively & carefully. I think we need to explore the use of technologies, while not rushing into using every new bell & whistle that comes along.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

If we as Boomers, are willing, the Gen Yers can teach us many things. Life is Lifelong learnign, and this is one avenue to travel.

Brenda,
this is very true. And I've also found that this can help connect with the students as they are eager to teach & appreciate our humility in asking for help.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I see the same with the Gen Y students. The technology with the smart phones and social media have been helpful if I ask if the students have heard anything about an absent classmate, but they seem to spend more time on the cell phone texting/facebook, and wonder why they don't grasp information given to them.

Sign In to comment