Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Value of Generation Y Course-ED 117

I am enjoying the ED 117 course. I found the information interesting for not only for the purposes of classroom strategy and activity development but also for my own personal reflection. Recently, I attended a local Human Resources Management Society meeting. The speaker's topic was the Generation Y group. He challenged the audience to consider not labeling any individual as part of a generational group. Rather, one should focus upon discovering what motivates the individual to success through human interaction/conversation....a simple idea in this technology-driven world. This same simple philosophy was also stressed in the ED 117. 

This is a great course! Not only am I learning about different generations of learners, I am also learning about myself as a learner. I work a university where the generational cohorts vary significantly. The information provided in this course gives me an additional perspectives different learner expectations, and the reasons for these expectations. 

I have to agree, It's funny how i am part of Gen X and I try to teach how I was taught. Now I better understand Gen Y It will bhelp me to to step up my game and bring in some fun leArning ways to help this generation want to learn.

This course has helped me to better understand my adult learners. They are more relational. I have to be able to relate to them so they can relate to me and will "hear" what I have to say. If you can get their attention and show them you care about them as a person they will trust what you have to say and will learn more in the process.

Sign In to comment