Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED201

Wow ! This was a great one It kept me on my toes
I learned so much on this one just the signs of disabilities It really made me think back to some students I have had in the past with some problems
I may have missed or maybe they did not know why they were having problems in school.

Kathleen,
I am glad you found it useful. I am constantly learning new information that gives me new insights and perspectives to past interactions, and hope for a better result for those in the future.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

I would have to agree with you on this one. As for someone who has not ever been around this or delt with this it may be hard for them to see. As for myself I grew up having ADHD and had to learn how to work with it myself. So as `for the cce it is really helpful to people that dont know what to look for or how to deal with it.

John,
Sometimes I am not sure whether education or empathy is most important, but I am guessing it is some combination of the two that will make a difference for students with disabilities. Having faculty who are willing to consider differences without making judgements is generally the key.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

Being the parent of a child with a disabilitie I always thought I knew how to handle any type of issue in the classroom. But some of the silent disorders are difficult to navigate through. It takes alot of time and patience in the classroom to make them suceessful.

janice,
You are right. What's more, it is easier to navigate through when it is your OWN kid (I've got one with a disability, too!). You know so much more about what experiences they have had and how their minds work. With students in your classes, it is often harder to gage their behavior, because you have no context.

Dr. Jane Jarrow

Sign In to comment