Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Theory of Learning

I tend to support Howard Gardner's theory of learning. In my classroom I have been involved with many learning styles because I have older and younger students that require different classroom teaching strategies in the classroom. Some students have demonstrated strengths in some areas and some have not. Some of my students enjoy reading, standing in front of a class and providing lectures on certain topics, other student's enjoy computations, while others learn better with pictures and graphics. I try to create a medium for learning in my classroom. To my surprise it works because I use different tools and techniques in my daily teaching approaches.

Jose,

Varying modalities and providing choices will make a huge difference for your students.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Jose,

Varying modalities and providing choices will make a huge difference for your students.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Jose,
I also agree with Gardner's theory, you must incorporate the varying styles of learning into the classroom in order to be effective as an instructor.
In doing so, I have found that adult learning students with immediately state how they best learn.

Jose,

I agree with your classroom approach, I also try to keep it at a median level because of the different ages and styles of learning.

Valerie Maze

Sign In to comment