Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Process

we welcome people from all walks of life in our classrooms and sometimes set the standards too high for them to reach success.

In the type of material I teach, you need to be aware of all the different type of learning styles the student's use. Knowing these, an instructor can develope a learning style to satify most of these styles.

Hi David,
Good point because you are balancing your content with delivery. This way the students not only learn the material they are engaged throughout the learning process.
Gary

I find my students learn best by doing. So first we set an objective then do a task hands on that helps them meet the objective then review what they just learned.

I try to be sure the student knows why the training is so important for them to know. this helps mosts of them to be more focused.

In previous training courses, we used a "Crawl, Walk, Run" approach. The students were shown the exercise, then they did it with help, and lastly they had to do it on their own. I believe in a technical school, this works well.

Hi Edward,
Good strategy to follow. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Gary

yes letting them know the effect this is going to have on ther career is very inportant for them

I think it's best to keep all learning styles in mind when doing a class, however, I have also found that if they "do" what they have just learned they can easily meet the objectives we set for them, no matter what their backround.

There is a noticable diffrence between the adult (18) and the mature adult learner (mid 20's). the growth and maturity makes a difference, therefore i have to constantly adjust to the various learning styles.

Francisco,
Good observation about learning maturity. We instructors need to continually "read" our students so we can adjust our approach to meet their respective learning needs.
Gary

Sign In to comment