Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lesson Plan

Lesson Plan is the best opportunity to be organized as Instructor

Tania,

What are some methods that you use in your lesson planning, to ensure that the students are attaining learning objectives, in each session.

Tremayne Simpson

I must admit I write non-tradional lesson plans, using a calender. Finding a format that works for me is my next goal.

I am also non traditional in my lesson planning. I have traditional lesson plans that I glance over before class, but what helps me the most is to have actual printed assignments for my classes. For example, in labs I hand them an assignment that has them draw pictures of what they see on preserved specimen microscope slides, this assures that we are all on task. These assignments can also have questions on them or fill in the blanks, that way if I leave something out, they can ask me about it.

I agree that finding a format that for you will help keep every organized and aleviate mixups or misplacing information.

This class will help me document lesson plans for the first time.

Hey Tania,

I agree that lesson plans are the best way to to be organized as an instructor. Being a new instructor I had to learn that quickly! I can never forget my first day walking into the classroom with no experience and most of all no lesson plan. It was the worse first day on the job ever because all the kids were just looking at me crazy.

I begin the first class with a PowerPoint presentation highlighting the topics we will cover during the term. Throwing in some personal experiences in the field is a great way to grab the students attention.

A very true and proven fact, a detailed lesson plan will help instructors and students. Utilizing a non-traditional lesson plan i.e. Calendar is acceptable for a small 5-7 class environment.

Sign In to comment