Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Best practices in lesson planning

What have you found to be the best practice you have employed in lesson planning?

peter,

There are several best practices for effective lesson planning. Overall, I would say that the best philosophy is to prioritize learning objectives and allow opportunities for scheduling flexibility. By prioritizing the objectives, the instructor will ensure that the primary goals are met within the allotted timeframe (lesser goals can be "fit in" if the schedule allows). Scheduling flexibility, enables the instructor to add sponteneity to the course, with timely activities or innovative assessment methods.

Tremayne Simpson

When planning a lecture, it is always a good idea to build in space. What I mean by space is time to allow the student to absorb the information, and then time to discuss what they have just learned. Instructors at times can push too much information in the lecture, and not allow for space, especially in courses where technical skill is critical in being successful in the course.

I find using a template or guide for lesson planning helps me to not forget any of the steps involved.

Sign In to comment