Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Back up plans

I think a back up plan Is very Important and goes hand and hand with being Perpared for class each day. After all i believe part of being prepared is expect/account for the unexpected, for example to Prepare to be on time each day Many people always leave a half hour or more early to account for unexpected traffic.

Hi Trevor:
Yeah, something like sluggish traffic when you're late can really add to the personal frustration level. It can be hard to shake that frustrated feeling off and not transfer some of the vibes to students. Best just to plan ahead - like we expect of our students.

Regards, Barry

I find it is beneficial to have a back up plan or more. You never know when things are going to go wrong.

Hi Anthony:
Right. That's why a good back-up plan will require very little resources (since you never know whats not going to accessible) and ready to implemment on a moments notice.

Regards, Barry

Being a relatively new instructor, having a back up plan or a way to convey the information in a different way compared to the veteran instructor is so helpful. Sometimes walking into a class that you don't teach as often as others can be intimidating. I want to make sure that I am giving them the best education possible so being prepared is essential.

Hi Stacey:
For me, back-up plans are simply planning ahead exercises. I usually approach these one of two ways. One is to plan for more material than I have time for, then use some of that extra work if extra time appears.

The other is always having a group of activities that are related to the basic course content, and can be initiated relatively simply, with little preparation, and does not depend on electronic or much resources (since these are the usual reasons why our plans are blocked beyond our control).

Regrads, Barry

Sign In to comment