Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Power Point

This form of lecture is effective providing,the Instructor is very enthusiastic,and provides real world situations ....

Hi Alcide:
Yes, the key to any PPT presentation is the instructor, not the PPT. It is just a tool to augment essential points. The best classess I've been in when there was was PPT lesson, I wasn't even aware of the projector, screen, and computer because the instructor integrated the information with a focus on the tools used.

Regards, Barry

i fully agree. an experienced instructor does not use the ppt as main source of teaching but rather as a tool to make his/her lecture/demo even more exciting and interesting

Hi Hans:
Students learn very little by reading. So, just because there's a large screen projecting colorful words isn't going to change thing too much. I think finding a way to engage students will result in the most helpful retention of needed information.

Regards, Barry

I use the power point for a base then model a lecture and real life instances that the students can grasp easily. Using aids during the presentation helps student put what is on the slide into a tangible learning enviornment. This way it addresses more of the learning styles at once.

Hi Jason:
Good ideas. Using many medias such as you've described helps keep the information fresh, interesting, and perhaps more applicable to the lesson.

Regards, Barry

In my learning environs, (culinary), some of the items that are discussed are often times just not available for "show and tell". In this case, having a powerpoint presentation to show pictures as well as how that item may be harvested, raised, fished, or just plain how it looks is vital.
The instructor may add his own footnotes on his experiences in using the item in the field.

Hi Gary:
Great example of a legitimate and approriate use of PPT. Some instructors will just over due it with PPT to the place where even interesting, helpful slides don't keep a students interest. Mixing it up with some PPT and other media helps maintain variety and interest.

Regards, Barry

I only like to use PPT as a guide to keep the class on track. Minimal bullet points are best with the instructor using his knowledge to expand on. Differentiated learning should always be utilized

Sign In to comment