Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I like the variety teaching tools. I implement videos, news articles and the whiteboard as I teach. I would LOVE to use the PP but is hard to get in our facility and I can not afford to buy an expensive projector. I find that playing games using interaction with the students help make things more exciting.

Hi Kham:
You're on the right track. And because you don't have ready access to PPT, I wouldn't be too dissapointed. I think just about anything you could do with PPT can be duplicated in an alternate fashion (good heavens, what in the world did teachers do before PPT came on the scene)!

But variety in your delivery is terrific and the more variety you add, your classes will be more interesting, enjoyable by students, and contribute to their retention of the material.

Regards, Barry

I agree that instructors should be held accountable for the information that they are presenting, because it provides more credibility for that instructor. It is true actually, that anyone can walk into a classroom and read off of a PP, and not truly know the content that is being presented. So, for me, using a PP can be negative.

However, there are Pros when utilizing a PP. The present can set up the PP to capture the attention of the learner as well, with vibrant colors, creative caption, and auditory sounds. You could really have a great time in your classroom if you try.

I agree as well, the content must be strong, I have seen many "A-ha" moments when I have brought different types of media in to back up my lecture.

Hi Nia:
Good point - the instructor should not just "read" information. Students usually can read well enough on their own. It's a better practice to "expound" on the material being presented, with a review of main ideas at the end.

Regards, Barry

Hi Jodi,
Most eduactional enthusiasts feel that using a variety of teaching approaches is the most effective way to address all learning styles in the class.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment