Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When instructor are traning students they are

Helping to develop specific skills

You are developing a standred that they may carry through life

Ed:
Standards are good. Role modeling that is aligned with standards is better. Involvement by the student will carry the most longterm memory.

Regards, Barry

tHEY ARE PRESENTING THEM WITH THE KNOWLEDGE TO APPLY THE SKILLS WHICH THEY ARE LEARNING. iN MY OPINION THE ABILITY TO APPLY THE LEARNED SKILLS AND BE ABLE TO EXPAND ON THEM IS THE TRUE SIGN THAT A STUDENT HAS RECEIVED A GOOD TRAINING.

Hi Joseph:

Good point. A good test that a student has acquired the need knowledge is for trhem to share with their classmates, or even teach the material. I think many students would rise to the occasion if given the opportunity.

Regards, Barry

That is true: help students develop specific skills.

I TOTALLY AGREE, ONE OF THE WAYS TO ENSURE LONG LASTING MEMORY OF THE TRAINNING IS TO INVOLVE THE STUDENTS INTO PARTICIPATING DURING THE TRAINNING BECAUSE THRU DEMO, LECTURE AND PARTICIPATION THERE WILL BE MORE RETENTION OF INFORMATION.

They are modeling after what they have just seen the instructor do by using their senses to be able to duplicate.

Hi Fred:
Most all students have some degree of viual learning style. Watching what is expected, then by return demonstration and practice, we create through repetitive performance seamless, smooth, and complete actions related to a given procedure. I think the same would be true for academic information. (How did we all learn the multiplication tables? It was practice practice, and more practice).

Regrads, Barry

Helping them developed skills that they can apply to everyday life.

Hi Janet:
Our skill and knowledge is valuable - that's why our employer hired us. So we are prepared to share the unique talents we all have that comes from our distinctive bacgrounds, education, experiences, and training.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment