Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guest Speaker

Guest speacker are great to have as part of your lessom plans,this is a great way to give your students value information their career.

Carol,
Students do enjoy having another voice in their class to share a unique perspective or elaborate on one or more segments Of the career area they're studying for. A good speaker brings focus, helps clarify, and makes for a more enjoyable experience.

Barry Westling

I am thinking of having my husband come in to speak to my Oral Communication classes. He has been a radio personality for 15 years and would offer a new and fun way to understand JUST how important it is to have effective, engaging communication skills. He went to Syracuse University and studied Broadcast Journalism for four years at the Newhouse School of Communication. The other positive is that he is a totally different personality from me and I think the students would enjoy the juxtaposition. It can be tough to organize a great field trip, but bringing the real world to them is a much more achievable task.

Leann,
Yeah, it's true, scheduling guest speakers usually requires a bit less coordination. I always try to estimate to what degree or value is this (or any) activity. In the situation you described, I think your hubby would be an awesome choice and provide a wonderful, "real world" experience, nearly directly applicable to the course of study.

Barry Westling

Sign In to comment