Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Interesting Field Trips

It is important to arrange field trips that will encourage students by showing them examples of the type of jobs they will be doing when they graduate and allow them to speak with persons in those jobs. Sometimes the field trips are just a fun day away from school and aren't really eduational for the students. This doesn't benefit anyone. Georgeann

Hi Geaorgeann:
Opening the eyes of students ought to occur at school, but it nearly always occrus when a teacher arranges a particularly good field trip. These are memorable and meaningful.

Regards, Barry

I strongly agree with you. Field trips are a great opportunity for students to see possible jobs. Also it's a great way to network with those that are already working in those fields.

Hi Karla:
Yes! Students can potentially learn some valuable networking opportunties in some of their field trip experiences.

Regards, Barry

As a paralegal instructor, I have found that taking the students down to visit the courtroom allows for the students to see exactly what they should expect when they enter their careers - both the good and even the less exciting elements of a day in the courtroom.

Hi David:
Great! You're fortunate you have a class and profession that has ample access to field trip activities directly related to your profession. I am sure the students look forward to these outings.

Regards, Barry

I totally agree... field trips should be educational to the students in such a way that by the end of the trip they should know whether this is the right thing for them or not. afterall, many students enter a program and do not know what it is really like out there.

Hi Robby:
Most students enjoy field trips for a variety of reasons. And I think it's true that occassionaly there will be students that realize the work setting teir training for is not a good fit. So, even in that case, there is benefit to t5he student. Mostly, though, I think students get jazzed about seeing their future work setting, and get motivated to perform better in calss as they realize they will soon be seeking work in the very thing they've witnessed.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment