Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructors come in all shapes and sizes?

In your opinion, what students benefit the most from differentiated instruction?
In my opinion I truly believe that all students will benefit from differentiated instruction. I also understand that not only the student but, also the instructor (teacher) will benefit from it. “It’s a win win situation”.

Hi Samuel:
Here's where topic-centered instruction can be helpful. By relying on student learning objectives (SLO's), then the teacher is going to provide whatever information and resources they have at their disposal to reach all the students. It may be different for every student, as most learn at varied comprehension pace and do so by different learning styles.

Stick to the SLO's and your students will advance in their understanding of the lesson topics or competencies.

Regards, Barry

Globalization and all that comes with it makes “instructors come in all shapes” even more real. With different cultures, background and upbringing, instructors do indeed come in all shapes and sizes. No two instructors have the same impact on students – there are going to be variations in teaching styles.

Hi Augustine:
I think among the attributes that makes us one as teachers is our desire to help and teach and see to the completion raw materail into useful workers.

Regards, Barry

Instructors bring experiences, skills, cultures, personalities, professionalism and teaching styles to students who hope to gain an education and pursue a career. Students expects help,support,and guidance in pursuit of a career.

Every instructor appeals in some way to some student. Instructors must seek to find some formula to motivate and stimulate students with a passion to give of themselves for the future of mankind.

Hi Maureen:
"To motivate and stimulate", that's a great way to portray one role we have as instructors, Really, we should be facilitators of the students learning on their own. So we commit to assist them in every way we can.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment