Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructorscome in allhapes and sizes

Many times the instructor must be a diffferent size and size to meet the changing situation in the class room and the student make up.

Hi Stillman:
I'm not sure I understand your comment, but there is a point to be made about adaptability for instructors to be effective in their classrooms.

Regards, Barry

i agree, you must be versatile to make sure every student gets the full experiance of the class and you can handle any situation that may come. thats why you need to be differant shapes and sizes.

Hi Michael:
Yes! Versatility positively contributes to enhanced learning and information retention.

To add variety to classes on an ongoing basis takes time, instructor commitment, and enthusiasm. If it's not real, students will perceive the insincerity and not be as open to the instructor or lesson material.

Regards, Barry

As instructors what i have seen is that we all come from different regions and back grounds.
Our age and upbring as well as instustry setting has astablished what we try to instill in our students. I think we all try to acheive what our industry standards are.

Hi Jeff:
Yes, industry standards should weigh heavily in any technical curriculum. Often an instructor comes from the professions and decides to teach their skills in a vocational setting. Being able to relate to the age range of the student population is always going to be a challenge, but certainly not an impossibility. In fact, students will do better if they sense their instructor cares for them and their success.

Regards, Barry

yes i agreeinstructors come in all shapes and sizes and use there background for teaching the subject matter they present,but need to keep in mind the 4 learning types in a classroom, and use a diversity of ways a certain item may function to help the entire class understand the subject matter

Hi David:
Yes, you've got it it. Using as many learning styles assures an instructor is going to reach the greatest number of student leraners.

Regards, Barry

I have never heard a instrutor described as such. I agree that a instructor should be able to change and adapt to the needs of individuals in the classroom.

Hi Bruce:
Of coursde there is no one size, shape or style of instructor that will right for all settings. I think your comment regarding being willing to adapt and change lays a good foundation for most instructors.

Regards, Barry

Instructors do have very distinctive styles of teaching and personalities. At my career school, I have several different instructors who all teach the same subject. I will watch as a new class comes in and get a really good feel for the student personalities and adjust accordingly. I personally teach myself for the first 2 days and then turn the class over to the instructor that I feel will have the most impact on the students from that point on. It's a matter of making it easy for the students instead of expecting my instructors to differ in their manner of teaching. This method has worked very well for me over the last several years.

Hi Randy:
This is a very creative style of student assessment and teacher assignment. I think the effort you;re putting into that relativerly small amount of time probably pays off in large dividends in the quality of instruction. Very nice!

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment