Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Personal Evolution and Analysis Aids Instruction

I have been teaching for almost 15 years and each new class represents a new challenge (and opportunity) for me. When I was a new teacher, I was very afraid and not very comfortable in front of my students. Now I feel as if I am on stage in front of big classes .... and at the dinner table with my smaller classes. I am more comfortable with my students and in a classroom than I am outside of the classroom. I love my students and teaching is my passion! As I evolved personally, I found that my teaching also improved and I was able to reach almost every student. Through this evolution, I have analyzed myself a great deal and it has paid off in my instructional changes.

Hi June:
Wow! That's a great self analysis and wonderful retrospective assessment on your feelings and beliefs about teaching. I'm sure your students are touched in many special ways by your enthusiasm and excitement. Thanks for the uplift!

Regards, Barry

practice makes perfect, maybe, maybe not
i've always been able to transfer what i know
to individuals, but i have found the more i do it
the easier it becomes!
i'm not real sure if we are ever perect
but that would take then fun out of it

Hi James:
Well, experience usually does improve an instructors abilities. But there is a difference between "10 years experience" and "one year experience, 10 years in a row". So the take home message is to strive to improve, learn from the your mistakes and the expereinces of your peers, and most important, keep the learning of your students in the forefront.

Regards, Barry

I have been teaching for three years and I find my ability to convey ideas to students improves with each class. In fact, I find my conversations outside of class are more focused and I am better at communicating with a variety of individuals.

Hi James:
Sounds like a great instructor in the making!

Good instructors will benefit from their experiences each time they have a teaching momemt, discard what doesn't work, and incorporate what is successful. It's a developmental thing, not likely to happen overnight. As long as you remain focused on wanting self improvement, that'll be the outcome you receive. And what a valuable gift that is indeed!

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment