Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

testing

as a new (instruter/teacher) i'm finding it very difficult creating quizzes and test for my students. i'm teaching film making. cinematography/lighting. the problem is i have students who forge ahead on their computors and digital cameras without learning the fundamentals of basic filming and lighting. they will fail quizzes but produce some great short videos. i need all the input i can get. i've been making award winning films for 50 years.
bill

Hi Bill:
I suppose there is an an art and a science to many professions. Sounds like you have some talented students.

My suggestion is to provide clear and precise grading criteria that you determine is how students will earn a grade in your class, and provide this information at the beginning of the class. In this way talented students have to follow the same guidelines as all other students or else they will receive a lower grade.

Regards, Barry

In our program, students work from modules located in their class books. They must complete a module and have it reviewed before they can procede to the next unit. This allows us to track their work and skills based on the time to do the work and the answers given. Maybe something similar would work in your situation by making the students climb the ladder one rung at a time while you watch in the background.

I say let them go and be creative!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ronald:
Creativeness should always be cultivated and encouraged. I think that's possible in the world of testing as well.

Regards, Barry

Sign In to comment