Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Hi William:
Knowing your students can definetely be an asset to an instructor, none the least having to do with quizzes. If we keep our focus on our purpose - the transfer of knowledge to students - then it only makes sense the more we know about effective methods that will reach them or actions some students dislike to the degree it interferes with their learning, the more effective we'll be in achieving our job successfully.

Regards, Barry

Not all people test well, I think there should be a variety of ways to be graded so that people who understand the material but freeze on tests can be fairly assesed as well.

Hi Christina:
A lot of instructors will use a grading rubric. This tool allows the instructor distribute the component weights of th4e various assignments and tests, and provides a means to fairly and consistently grade the students performance. You could Google "rubric" and learn more about this handy tool (you'll get a gazillion hits).

Regards, Barry

I agree it lets me know where to begin and what to re enforce in my lecture

Hi Janice:
I think regular, short quizzes help both student and student.

Regards, Barry

George, I do that too. It helps me with my material. During the grading of the quizzes, I also give the student the correct answer for any question he/she missed. I feel this helps them learn the material for the final exam. I give the quizzes back to the students the week prior to the exam to use as a study guide. They must return all their quizzes the day of the final exam or they will not be eligible to take the final.

Sign In to comment