Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

grading system

the task doesn't matter easy or hard stress that the procedure, the safety facter, the correct use of tools, the correct time frame,all lab partners participating equally this is the difference in one students grade over the other

Hi Cecil:

Yes, you've cited some good points regarding fair and effective grading.

Regarding lab grading, a lot will depend on whether the process of performing the correct steps in the lab is the purpose of the assignment or whether just arriving at the correct conclusion is most important. It appears in your response that the process has more emphasis in the classes you teach. Is that the case?

Obviously, in many situations, both of these characteristics will be important.

Regards, Barry

I Share my grade % with the site supervisor , at the Externship class 50% 50%

also students see the grade policy before their class start

Hi Kenji:
Good - having students know how they're doing prompts and (hopefully) encourages them to do their best. Better to not leave them in a vacuum wondering what their grades might be.

Regards, Barry

Hi Kenji:
Good - having students understand how they can make a certain grade is a great way to facilitate self disipline towards achieving that goal.

Regards, Barry

I can't dissagree with that statement at all.

Not only do they know the grading system before we start class but we use a system that lets them see the grades for each quiz, test, assignment as they are graded and entered into the system.

Sign In to comment