Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Presenting Information Clearly | Origin: CM106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating a Compliant Culture: Do's and Don'ts --> Presenting Information Clearly

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I appreciated the information regarding what types of information are required to be provided to enrolled students and staff regularly because I was not aware of all of them. I did not realize that alcohol abuse prevention materials need to be provided to enrolled students. I also was not aware that schools must districute an annula security report to all students and employees by October 1st. I will seek to ensure my institution is doing this yearly.

This module really put emphisis onThe information that is required to be presented to students and staff. To my surprise, this information is not limited to being related to the institution, such as Drug and Alchol abuse information and resources.

I did not know that some schools require that students have a background check requirement corresponding with their intended careers. It's helpful to know that there are additional requirements to assist in protecting the interests of the students and organization. 

It's important to set expectations upfront and discuss whether or not one's background could potentially effect employment. 

Check your state policies so you can adequately distribute necessary disclosures - some are disseminated upon request while others are automatically provided to students. They should be living documents and regularly updated

It is better to have the fact sheets with accurate information, in order to avaoid any misconceptions.

In order for Potential Student to make the best informed decision we have to provide them with the most accurate information.

Student who obtain accurate information regarding the school and a consistent high level of customer services will be those who maintain focus, and ultimately contribute to you maintaining high completion and placement outcomes.

In order to be transparent about what they provide, schools must maintain the accuracy of all the information in their catalog.

Accurate information will be the tool for student decision.

Learn about providing the accurate information to the student and staffs

Clarity of information is necessary to communicate information to the stakeholders of the school -- students, staff, instructors, and agencies who rely on the school. Consumer information is an accreditation requirement and should be presented on the website according to the criteria outlined. Such information includes placement rate, retention, and licensing measures, when applicable. It is important to understand that information should be given to the prospective students as accurately and simply as possible, so the student can make decisions with the best knowledge available. Information about career planning, cost, retention history, and crucial to the prospective students. Any misrepresentation is could be a violation that can have a severe penalty.

In order to guide staffs about the updated policies, school website should always be used as a preference and be updated all the time.

I feel like the information given to the students prior to the enrollment is important for the overall educational plan

The most up to date information, especially for placement rates, is always best if updated annually, and your consumer placement report helps if it is in a single flyer format, directly from the website, but one the prospective student can take with them as well. I agree with the various correct answers in the scenarios. We all get these every day. Avoidance or skirting around the answer always leads to decrease in enrollments. the truth/facts are on our sites, so we should not be afraid to share them. If we are, we need to do an internal review and find out why are rates are low and seek a solution.

Information is one of the key points to gain the trust of the student to the Institution. If all the information has been provided in the catalog and website, the student can now determine the competence and credibility of the programs the institution is offering.

Each module has provided much needed information to basic ethically functionality for any institution of learning!

The information provided to perspective students must be factual and documented.   The website and catalog should be referred to when answering questions about placement rates, etc.

I didn't realize all of the background information entailed in disclosures for instance. I wonder if there is a way to get the content of this course in writing so I can share with my colleagues.  I did copy some of the content into a Google Doc to share later.  I did see a discrepancy on only one page. The knowledge byte about transferring credit didn't seem to match the text below it--it seemed to say something different, fyi.

Sign In to comment