Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress and Emotional Resilience | Origin: ED145

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Stress Reduction and Management for Educators --> Stress and Emotional Resilience

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned how to handle internal and external stress in a healthy emotional way

In general, active coping methods are more effective that avoidant coping strategies when dealing with stress. You must have a many strategies to deal with stress as there is no single answer.

Handling stress in heathly ways is important to ones well being.

I have learned ways to handle internal and external stress and being resilient in the face of all this challenges.

I have learned there are 2 types of coping with stressful demands:  problem-focused coping and emotion-focused coping and what each is.

It is a positive environment for all students to experience some degree of failure in the classroom, as long as it is a supportive and uplifting space.  They need to know that it is okay to not always be correct and that mistakes occur.  

In this module, I learned that there are many coping mechanisms. I learned that we tend to prefer some coping mechanisms over others and use them for every life challenge. However not all life issues should be dealt with in the same manner.  

Focus on positive occurrences.

There are many ways and resources available to navigate difficult situations. Changing your mindset often helps improve a situation that you have little physical control over.

I learned that facing situation head on is the more healthy approach because even if you cope with it for a while, you eventually have to deal with it. 

We need to learn effective coping skills to be able to navigate through challenges along life .

Hello Everyone,

I remind myself when I'm in a stressful situation to take a moment and reflect on what is truly important.  Life will unfold as it does but the importance I place on it and how I react  determines whether the outcome will be more or less stressful.  I teach nursing students and their stress level is high and instilling this in the classroom setting is imperative for when they become nurses on the floor. 

I learned that facing any problems that come in life, will add growth in your life because avoiding any problems that you face will add more problems and stress. Best thing in life is either solve it yourself and if you cannot do it alone get assistance, and stay positive. 

Sign In to comment