Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I love this course so far.  I've learned in this module that checking emails frequently is a time stealer.  I need to stop doing that to avoid all of these interruptions to the task at hand, which creates more stress.

In this module, I have learned about how to make more time in my schedule by streamlining course preparation, grading, and performing organizational and clerical tasks. I especially appreciated the resource information for making quizzes, etc. and how to change how I check my e-mail so that it isn't so distracting and time consuming.

In this module, I like how it mentions the free easy test maker, the online test maker along with online scoring and the Google groups. I will try to utilize all three of these soon.

Ways to organize to help manage time effectively.

 

In this module I have learned that it is okay to half my instruction testing to half online half not!

 

 

Yes intermittent email checking is much better way to do it and stay on track and prioritize them also.

I need to have a balance of online and face to face assessments and projects.

It was surprising to know that more than 70 % of the people respond to the email immediately, but good to know that designate time to do these things will safe time.  Will continue to do that.

I need to allow more for online question and answers and to stop checking e-mail every time it goes off

 

I need to work on setting up specific times to complete certain tasks. 

I need to set up times during the day to check emails instead of allowing emails to distract me or get me off task when they come in. 

 

I spend a great deal of time checking emails. I like the idea of scheduling time to read and answer emails. 

Having a specific time to check all emails will save a lot of time.

 

Not anwersing emails immediately frees up time and makes work more productive.

 

Checking emails and taking care of clerical tasks at fixed points in the day to maximize efficiency. 

Check emails at a certain time during the day intead of throughout the entire day to minimize interruptions. 

The first step to better organization is to define the space that you will be working in and the space where your class materials will be stored. By defining your space, you will know exactly where your belongings and materials are and where they are not. After you have defined your working space, you must make sure that it is clean and that it does not contain unnecessary items that are taking up space. 

Organization is the key to longterm success! If papers, materials are in their designated places, then they are not where they do not need to be. I apply this concept, and can vouch for it.

 

Managing my time. Not having to constantly look at my emails and respond.  Set a time that I will do that every day.  It is a great idea.

Online resources can help manage all material, documentaion and grading.  It doesn't necessarily apply to where I work as a trade instructor, but I can apply these resources while building my own company some day.

Sign In to comment