Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

cm251-

I learned an example of UD being curb cuts are inclusive of not just wheelchair needs; but also those of mothers with strollers, elderly and walkers, walkers with carts, and even skateboarders. fitting the needs of many. 

K Bruegger

Admissions Staff Training Program

I have learn the Florida legal structure, bodies and fundamental rules and guidelines required in the Admission Department.  

Initial Training

The lessons so far have stressed the importance of being an AR that is up to date in terms of policies and procedures. 

Compliance/Training

It is important to keep abreast of all changes and adjustments to our processes, which will allow us to display professionalism and build confidence in what we do

Do's and dont's

I learnt that while accrediting agencies and regulating bodies may conduct scheduled or surprise visits to regulate higher education institutes to ensure that the institute meets the standards, laws, regulations and criteria set forth by the particular institute, it is the responsibility of members collectively to be oriented to such visits throughout the year and to do as they say, and to constantly improve with the highest standards

Learning

I learn from myself and from others, pending on how they may view things. Its always good to here others out. I also think with complying with what has been set forth is always a good way to stay on track.  

Importance of Meetings/Training Seminars

In this module I learned how important is to attend often meetings and training seminars, in order to be a successful admissions rep.

Marketing

In this module I learned the different ways of Marketing, that a College can use to advertise its programs and services.

Importance of information

In this module I learned about how important is to inform the student thoroughly about his obligations towards the College he will attend.

Compliance

Compliance with organizational policies and accrediting standards is very important. Supporting students by being compliant and by meeting the student's needs is a goal each of us shares.   

Policies & Procedures

All aspects of the school must consistently function to provide excellent customer service while meeting regulatory, Accreditation  and agency reauirements. 

Compliance

Compliance to me is following the rules and regulations from the school and from regulations (State, Federal, Practice approving boards). By being compliant lets me know what I can and cannot do. This prevents gray areas where different people have different ideas on what is the correct practice or procedure. By following them ourselves, we emulate to the students that these are important, and we do not break the rules, we must color inside this box. This is two-fold, one they will see that we treat all the students the same, they learn to trust us as there is no… >>>

Do the right thing.

Everything you do you do it with the students best interest in mind.

Student that is homeless?

Are there any considerations made for students that are homeless?  

Final Quiz

Nationally Accredited Programs

Nationally accredited programs must comply with specific requirements, such as national board pass rates, which demand that only students who demonstrate the ability to succeed be admitted into the individual programs.  Admitting students based on a financial goal undermines the individual programs and ultimately leads to the programs' demise. A better plan is to build a solid reputation by carefully screening students being admitted to ensure 100% pass rates, and develop other non-accredited programs for students who need more time to develop the skills needed to succeed, or to introduce them to other opportunities.  

Traits of a Good Leader

Why is important to learn what makes a good leader? 

Integrity

Doing the right thing even when no one is looking!

Applying Knowledge

It's very important to appy what we learn so we can all be able to share information that is correct. 

Cheating

What do you do when you see someone cheating?