Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Financial Aid Director

I am a new director for financial aid so I have a large learning curve. I was an admissions representative and I have attended college using Title IV benefits so I am at least a little familiar with the process and requirements. 

What is the greatest obstacle you have had to overcome and how did you overcome it?

I am also new to my position of FA admiistrator. What has been a tremendous help to ,e is the fact that I was familiar with the FAFSA process on a personal leel. I completed my forms and those of many family and friends so over the yars I was able to keep up with changes in eligibity and needed documentation

The greatest obstacle that I had to overcome was completing R2T4's.  I overcame it by completing them and sending them on to my regional director to double check until my confidence was built.

I have been working in financial aid for the past 25 years and 23 out of the 25 years as a Director of financial Aid; my greates obstacle was to be knowledge of all the federal regulations and I did overcome it reading the Federal Handbook and attending  workshops, eyc. You will always have to be reading the regulations and attending workshops, etc(these days there are not too many workshops) but you can read the Federal Handbook;the Federal REgister and the Blue Book. We always have to be in compliance with federal regulations.

Sign In to comment