Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Code of Conduct

What do you think would be an appropriate sanction for a student’s first offense violating the campus copyright regulations?

Warren,

I think it is important inform the student of the wrong doing. Explain the reason it is not appropriate and document it. Create a committee and decide the appropriate action together with my colleagues.

I believe that a first time offense should involve counseling and perhaps mandatory copyright training. It should be documented in the students file and if another offense were to be committed it would be grounds for automatic dismisal.

That sounds like a good plan Tracy as long as the website and proper disclosures make the policy clear and known to everyone.

If pending outcome of an investigation, the student’s violation was without malice or premeditation, the student would be give a warning documented in his/her file, counseled on the school’s Student Code of Conduct and required to research and write an essay on copyright law and ramifications of violating such laws.

Sign In to comment