Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our environment

Well I share my office with the Student Services Counselor and Student Accounts so my appointments are flooded with present students and their complaints. I plan to propose having a meeting room for my counseling. So students won't be distracted with possible negative activities while trying to focus on their financial aid.

Hello Kim,

I agree that a separate meeting room for financial aid counseling will help you and the students you counsel have more meaingful sessions and fewer distractions. Also, it should ensure that the information students share with you is confidential. Prospective students will be more focused on important financial aid information than on any current attendee's student services issues.

I know sometimes finding an open meeting space can be difficult in any office, but you may want to emphasize the importance of privacy in your sessions so that priority is given to your need for space.

Best of luck with your new counseling approach! Diana

Wow! I really have some decorating to do in my office. I didnt realize how having a dull office can influence one's mind. I enjoyed this module. It opened my eyes to ways I can help my students retain the valuable information I am giving them.

Our Office is very positive and open...I really like that. If there is an issue we make sure to go into a classroom

Sign In to comment