Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Staff/Financial Aid Audits

What is the best way to prepare new Financial Aid staff for Audits? Especially if you have an audit team who likes to meet with the staff and ask questions.

We usually have a team meeting for everyone , so we can share what the week will be like, what to except, and how we need to prepare. This way everyone understands the process better.

Nicole,

Communication seems to be a theme in your comments. This is great approach to take and will ensure all are on the same page when it comes to handling students and the procedures within the college.

Sincerely Chyrl

Chyrl Ayers

I have only been working in Financial Aid for a year now, and have recently been through my first audit. My director met with me and explained in detail what they would be looking for, what kind of questions they generally ask, etc. I felt confident about the audit because she communicated to me what it would be like.

We usually do the same. We have had some turnover in last year. You know as well as me, the auditor could careless if your new. To prepare my new staff I would one train one on one to bring them up to speed as much as possible. I also include them in group meetings and allow them ask question, and then later take questions. This seems to work for the most green and the most experienced people in my office.

Sign In to comment