Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preventing Program Reviews

Discuss the steps a school can take to prevent triggering a program review.

In order to prevent a program review a school must have periodic meetings with officials. Evaluating,discussing, and implementing improvement plans to avoid any problems that might trigger a review. Also informing officials of seminars that are held to conitnue their knowledge in this field.

An institution should have checks and balances in place to ensure all requirements are met to avoid a program review. Officials should stay current on policy changes and educational opportunities to keep the institution performance within requirements.

Jaime,

You are right on point with how to prevent and prepare for a Program Review. I suggest doing a mock Program Review periodically to determine any weaknesses or to review your strengthens.

Thanks, Chyrl

Anne,

Your comments are excellent. I am sure your college works daily to insure compliance in all areas and avoid the need for a negative program review.

Thanks, Chyrl

if the school has not deficiencies or financial aid problems repeatedly

Mercedes,

What steps have you taken in your FA Office to avoid or prepare for a program review?

Chyrl

Ways to prevent these reviews is to be aware of any poilcy changes that might occur, to always meet requirements, and avoid making repeated mistakes. Also, You can invest and take time to go to seminars that our available.

Linda,

Prevention is the key to avoiding compliance issues. Also, additional training is beneficial to insure your FA office stays on top of changes in regulations and guidance.

Thanks, Chyrl

I agree prevention is the key and training your staff in the changes.

Esther,

You are right. Prevention is the key to avoiding program reviews and training financial aid staff is one of the most important factors.

Thanks, John

Avoiding possible program reviews is relatively simple if your staff is experienced and up to date with continuous changes that can take place in the management of FSA funds. Monthly reconciliations and back up documentation are vital to being prepared in the event a program review becomes necessary.

Andrea,

Sometimes Program Reviews occur even when your college has done everything correct. However, being organized will definitely expedite the process and make it easier for the auditors to completely the Program Review.

Thanks, Chyrl

I am in complete agreement that there are so many triggers for program reviews, accuaracy, efficiency and timeliness are important components overall for the FA office to be prepared for the possibility of going through program reviews.

We are brand new to financial aid but I would think the best way is to follow your policies and procedures and when you are not sure about something refer to your handbook or another FAA professional for Guidance.

I absolutely agree with your concept.

Standardize the process and implementing improvement plans, we have found it beneficial to prevent triggering a Program reviews

I agree as well. Training your staff and keeping the FA files accurate and consistant will help tremendously.

Melanie,

It is important to make sure all records are kept in an organized and consistent manner. If you have a program review the records will reflect the care in which you handle your students.

Thnaks, Chyrl

Reviewing programs staying on top of changes and regulations and putting improvement plans into effect as needed. I agree with everyone elses comments on this topic. It's check and balances to prevent a program review.

Sign In to comment