Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

24hours

Our ADmissions Dept has set a standard of 24hours for students to come back to a package, is this a problem with the feds?

Donnie,

I apologize for my delayed response; however, I have been on vacation since December 19th and I am just returning to the office this week.

There is not an issue for an institution to have packaging requirements as long as there are procedures to accomodate the students who may not be able to return to package within 24 hours. It is important to have procedures that will allow students to understand the importance of their packaging process and how to complete.

Your participation in this forum is appreciated. Chyrl

24 hours is not an issue in requesting students to come back for their appointment. in fact the sooner the students come back the better. they will have to have all the appropriate information to complete their fafsa, and financial aid docs. which may mean a call to the irs, or work place. But the sooner they come back, the better.

My corporate office has set a soft goal of having students be back to Financial Aid within 48 hours of their initial Admissions interview. In a perfect world, this happens. Many times we have to play it by ear due to many reasons, including work schedules, parent schedules, FA availability, and tax/FAFSA issues. Each week the FA and Admissions departments meet and review the status of each student. Students who have not been seen by the FA office are at risk for having their file deactivated. This push, but with room for flexibilty, works well for our FA office.

Trudy,

The involvement between FA and Admissions to insure that students are processed within 48 hours is a great procedure; however, I realize that this is not always the case due to scheduling conflicts. It seems like your team works in harmony to guarantee students timely processing. This is a great model for others.

Best wishes in your continued online educational experience.

Chyrl Ayers

What I have found to work exceptionally well, is to have the student meet with FA after seeing Admissions to do a consultation. During this consultation we go over different funding options (personal, Federal, State, employer, etc). We explain that Completion of the FAFSA will determine what types of Title IV funding they will be eligible for and that the FAFSA takes a couple of days to process. We then have them complete the FAFSA and schedule them to come back in 2-3 days being sure to advise them on any documents they may need once the ISIR in house.

Christopher,

Your approach to the application process seems very thorough and allows the student/parent opportunities to discuss the various options. Great approach to meeting students needs and concerns.

Sincerely

Chyrl Ayers

Sign In to comment