Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Engaging students is at times very difficult. Especially when the  informations  given is more memorization than not. Using theABC go fish  activity will be of great hel[p to make things more interesting.:

@melissaalex :True.  To be engaged, students need to feel that what they are studying or doing is relevant to their life, career, etc.

Joe, I absolutely agree that relevance is key.   The key is called employment, which is the reason the student invested in his/her future.   I also feel that the institutions need to present the "key of employment" starting at the 2nd month in their program with Career Services.   The student needs to stay focused each day and every month on their new career. Each day the lesson plan needs to show  how relevant the material is to the student's new career.

@corpatrick : One of the reasons why Instructors should engage their students is to reinforce what they learned. In addition, students' improve on their critical thinking skills.

@VCDavila : Engaging students to the classroom discussions and activities is seemingly easy but not with all students especially with a large class say in a lab type setting. It may be hard to observe and reach every student but is a challenge I enjoy and welcome because it is a good way to (test) the students skills and confidence.

Sign In to comment