Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Asessments

Assessments can be very challenging, sometimes we may tend to help the student along but in reality we are doing them an injustice by doing so. If we remember why we are teaching, for them to accelerate in the work force we need to hold our assessment to a high standard and make sure we are hitting all of our benchmarks and give the students what they need.  

Great topic. Assessments are now required to receive funding for a scholorship where iam currently working. I think it is effective whereas at times when I ask the questions the potential student does not know how to respond. Many of the students I speak with are between the ages of 19-24. where they just want to gain the knowledge to obtain a job.

But I understand the standard which by coaching the student along may hender them in the future.

@mfaudree : I agree 100% with you. How do you deal with administration when they lower the standards so that a below-average student can still pass a course?

@ksnype0518 : We have a wide variety of ages in our school, but I too have run into students wanting to do bare minimum to pass assessments just so they can graduate and get the job. Very few exibit passion for the topic being studied or go over and above requirements to gain more knowledge. And when assignments are made to assist them in obtaining information beyond the textbook, there is a lot of moaning and groaning. I hope one day they will recognize the benefits of the work they must do.

@periwho : The higher I bump my enthusiasm, and actively demonstrate the value of the content, the higher the test scores! 

Sign In to comment