Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Group Dynamics

Student monitoring is important so that you can involve students that are successful with students who may not be so successful in the class. This exposes them to see what characteristics are necessary to achieve.

That's actually a great idea and one that I think may be overlooked at times. Not only does the student receiving the help benefit but the student bringing the help does too. One learns from a peer, maybe at a more comfortable level, and the other student learns how to convey their knowledge and gain confidence in what they know.

I purposely seat my students so this occurs. There are students who are afarid to be noticed. I have great students and helping one another is a great attribute. I have several strictly A students,their capacity to assist others is advantageous to the entire class. On the other hand the students that are not successful at this have their niche and this is when I make them shine.

I love having wtsudents tell personal stories in the beginning to warm the up to each other and break the stranger feelings.

Sign In to comment