Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective Teaching Strategies

This course would be very helpful to new instructors to avoid the "hard knocks" of learning effective teaching strategies "on the fly" in the classroom...I've been teaching 6 years and I felt it was a good refresher!

I would like to echo that sentiment.  I have learned a GREAT deal about instruction methods as a "newbie" instructor.  It helps in the right now, instead of learning later and saying "boy, I wish I known about that......earlier."  I feel that I will be much better prepared and my learning curve for instructing students won't be as steep.  Thank you very much for your excellent course and I really appreciate all the content of these courses.   Mindy Smith

As an old newbie, we always need reminders and opportunity not to overlook the basics of any project and be able to recognize the application as well as the outcome for the student.

Although I've been teaching adult learners for a few years now, it is always good to go back and take a "refresher" training to ensure that you are applying the basic techniques. This was a great course and I feel it would be an excellent course for a new Instructor that may not be quite sure of the different teaching styles, etc.

Even if you have been teaching a while I believe that some of the updated nuggets, if you will, in the course were very positive pointers to build on.  For example taking into consideration particular personal issues of the students.

My last collegiate education courses were quite literally 40 years ago.  This was a nice refresher course for the knokwledge I gained then.

This course really helped me asses the different learning styles I encounter on a daily basis. Having to teach a wide variety of age ranges is difficult to say the least at times. Good course.

Sign In to comment