Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I too appreciated taking this course. I took notes and I will review them from time to time when I feel I am getting in a rut in the classroom.

I just finished ED101.  The one area that I need to focus on is building rapport with the students.  I greet them by name as they enter the class each day, but I still have students who are hostile.  I will continue to focus on providing them with encouragement, support and fairness.

I found this a very interesting course.   I enjoyed learning about adult students versus younger students.  It was also fascinating  to analyze the different ways students learn -- auditory, visual, reading, tactile, etc...  I think the most important thing we as teachers need to do is always continue to try to find ways to motivate our students.

I found this course to be of great value as I continue my teaching career.  Not only did it serve as a refresher course but I learned new concepts.  Very good course!!

I'm in my second year of teaching and all the online courses that I've taken have been very helpful in my approach toward my students, the classroom, and my teaching style. I just completed ED101. I found this course to be very valuable to me. It was like a refresher course, but you never can get enough when it comes to imporving  your classroom and teaching style. I would truly recommend this course to all class room instructors.

@muffin :Agree with you. Just completed ED 101. It is very helpfull and valuable. I would recommend this course for a new teachers and even as a refsher course for everyone.@muffin :

I just completed ED110 and it was the best class ever.  It helps me understand what is causing stress in me and my students and techniques we can all use to reduce stress in our lives.  I'm going to try increasing my exercise to help reduce stress.  I started with taking the stairs at work instead of the elevator.

@hkaiser : Modeling is a great way to teach and encourage your students.  When they see how you positively handle stress, they will hopefully emulate the positive behaviors.

@hkaiser : I am also a seasoned instructor and wondered if I was stuck in my ways.  I did make mistakes early on and have had alot of trial and error learning.  I am pleased that I hit the marks on almost everything.  That is not to say I am complacement, I change the material around every term.  I am professional, care about all of the students ( I don't want to hear any history that a student may have).  My methods of teaching are varied and have gotten alot of positive feedback.  My ice breaker to my OB/Peds students, is what is your "fear factor".  Many students going into OB are scared to death and I never knew how scared they were until I asked them that question.  I can reassure, and appear to have credibility drom the very first day.

Great course! it was good to revisit the concepts taught in this course. 

This was a good course. I was familiar with some of the information given. 

@JasonBrinlee : I thought the information on how to conduct a lecture and make sure that you keep the students interest was very good information.

I thought the lesson was a very good explanation on how to hold the class interest in the course.

@hkaiser : I enjoyed the concept of a syllabus as a CONTRACT between the teacher and his/her students.

I thought it was a great refresher course as well and my doctorate is in adult education. Great module!

It was a great course!

Robert

@hkaiser :This should be a mandatory course! I am teaching my 2nd quarter and was basically thrown into it. (I am an adjunct instructor and was hired based on experience) Did a lot of learning by trial and error - not always the best thing to do when you ae the instructor!

This course should be visited often by all educators. The fundamental building blocks for a successful learning environment are always helpful regardless of the amount of time you have been in the classroom.

I enjoyed the discussion on learning styles. 

It is important to offer a variety of instructional

delivery methods in classes because each student learns

differently.  Learning styles (written word, auditory,

visualization, and tactile) and ways (trial and error,

observation, and doing) vary with each student.  The

instructor and students can have more fruitful

discussions and engagement by varying instructional

methods.

@hkaiser : I just finished it as well and yews there were many great ideas that I will implement in my class such as doing the room walk through to see things from the students perspective. Great Class!!

Sign In to comment