Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Assessment for Global Understanding

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Assessment for Global Understanding

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I really liked the animation and PBL example of recycling the plastic bumpers; it made me consider what scaffolding or checkpoints my students might need to get to that proficient/advanced level in their small groups (being dual enrollment students and perhaps needing more guidance).

I enjoyed the video and the way the students built a project from scratch to recycle plastic bumpers.  The students chose their topic and global issue and designed a project that demonstrated their learning.  I  especially liked that the students presented to a group that supported their ideas and concerns and that would benefit them in their business.

I am looking forward to using this in my classes

I found the "Global Career Readiness Rubric" in the resources section to be very helpful.  I hope to use some of these in my course.

The animated PBL project was a good example.  Also, I found the "Global Career Readiness Rubrics" helpful. I'm actually using one of the rubric for my course project assessment.  The examples listed as formative and summative assessments in this module are useful as well. 

Reply to Liping Liu's post: Reply to Liping Liu's post:You and I are in complete agreement with the project based learning example.  It really added dimension.   

Project Based Learning is what we are currently transitioning to in some of my courses.  So far, it seem to be working.  It is definitely a game changer in the teaching and learning process.   

I really like the rubrics -- they could be readily added to the rubrics for written assignments I already use. And the kind of project in the example so closely parallels the kinds of things I do in my technical writing course (though they would present a written proposal or report in a writing class, of course, along with a presentation). This module and the last have the wheels turning about how global competence could be built into a few of the projects we do in the course.

I toured our automotive program, which has a new building, this semester in anticipation of reveiwing the CTE modules for the Asia Society.  i thought the example given here was excellent.  The program is a superstar on our campus with 100% of graduates finding employment and they have shown me the curriculum is inherently global through thier partnerships and universal design elements that must take into account readers of many languages.  You have given me more questions to ask them the next time I see them.

the animation addressed an important problem of recycling of plastic and why some plastics aren't recycled, although they could be.  what to do about products that end up as landfill waste (carpet), solving problems of recycling, and improving the type of materials used in products in the Interior Design industry are some of the issues we have been dealing with for my entire 22 years in this field.  it is interesting to encounter an example of this from a different industry.  

I enjoyed seeing the examples demonstrated as well the Global Career Readiness Rubric. Since I am using the Marketing Plan Team Project, this information was very helpful. Further, I can incorporate the rubric.

I like all the examples provided. this is really helpful in thinking through how I might approach my assignment.

Although, I can relate to some of the material in this module, It is a little difficult because healthcare is alot more advanced. My students will be talking more about dieases and how they are transmitted verses how to go green. 

Loved the animated video

Felicia 

Sign In to comment