Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I feel like the funding rules are very specific. 

The supports it!  The rules make sure it is spent where its suppose to 

It definitely supports the goals, however, there are cases where it will hinder especially in post-secondary CTE regarding resources to support our special populations.  In rural areas where services and financial supports are limited, there are barriers to offering all the supports to special populations.  Opening up a grant for LEA's to apply for would be beneficial in these situations.  

The rules are clear and support Perkins's funding. I believe it also allows us to ensure that spending is going towards CTE areas.

The spending rules support the goals to implement, strengthen, and grow CTE programs while providing the framework of compliance outlined in the Pekins legislation.

I believe the rules definitely support the goals of Perkins.  They provide clarity and focus for administrators and accounting staff to ensure proper stewardship of funds.

I think the rules support Perkins funding making it very clear what they can and cannot be used for.

Overall, I believe the rules support the goal. Funds should be used to support and grow CTE programming, however, if the funds are allocated to a local entity and are being used for CTE in some form, it should not matter that some of those things were funded in other ways the previous years. It seems to me as long as the local entity had methods of sustaining a program without Perkins funds in future years that the current year should be more flexible.

The rules support the idea that Perkins funding is for the extra - routine items should be budgeted as part of the regular school budget cycle or purchased from a sponsor rather than the grant.

Perkins funds were created for specific purposes and some may try to use it to pay for things that other state and federal money can and should be used for. So this idea of supplanting helps to keep districts in line with using Perkins funds as intended and not to use it to replace other funding sources. 

The rules support the Perkins mission, but can also be a barrier.  It's difficult for all the CTE teachers when part of one teacher is funded out of Perkins (in order to add new sections to the schedule) as that reduces the amount of money for other CTE programs at the school.  I believe that example is supporting and not supplanting as the sections did not exist prior to the Perkins funding.

Sign In to comment